Hello lovelies! I’m reaching the very end of my junior year in college, which is super exciting (I only have one semester left!). April is near it’s end, so today I’m sharing how well I progressed on my goals for this month + my goals for junior year!
This month, I had set five goals for myself. I actually managed to accomplish all of them, something I am really happy about!
- Choose a summer internship: I have officially chosen where I will be working in Madison this summer! More details to come, I promise!
- Settle my summer housing plans: I’m officially locked into my summer sublet lease, so it will be exciting to stay in Madison and experience my very first Madison summer! It’s also nice to know that I won’t be homeless for three months! 😉
- Spend a Saturday lying outside on Bascom Hill: I’m counting this one as a success even though it happened on a Friday instead! 🙂
- Finish the school year strong: I only have a few more assignments left before finals, and I’m super excited to be done with it all!
- Start buying things for my new apartment: I’ve knocked a few things off my list, but there’s still a lot of packing/moving/buying to come!
Junior Year Goals
I’ve had mixed results with some of my goals for this school year, but over all I had such a wonderful, amazing, and incredibly meaningful junior year that I am happy with how far I’ve come and where I’m going next.
- Get AB/As in all my classes: I’m fairly certain I’ll be ending with a B in my environmental studies class. But I’ve worked super hard this semester and learned so much in my classes, that I’m still happy with what I’ve accomplished 🙂
- Meet new people/make new friends: I’ve met a lot of new people this year, including my incredible, amazing boyfriend. It’s funny looking back to August when I set all these goals for myself and seeing how many amazing people have entered my life since then. 🙂
- Decorate my room: So I kinda lost all ambition for this one, but I did add a few personal touches to make my place feel more like a home.
- Find my own apartment: I definitely accomplished this! I’m super excited for my summer place and then moving into a different apartment come fall!
- Learn how to bake more intricate desserts: This really didn’t happen at all 😦 I will (hopefully) have a lot more time to experiment this summer/next fall, so it’s okay!
- Experience new things: I definitely feel like I’ve branched outside my comfort zone a little bit to experience new things and be in new environments. I consider this a success!
- Look into my post-grad options: I’ve definitely made some headway on this, mostly in part due to my current job, which really helped me focus in on what kind of job I want after graduation. I feel like I’m becoming well-prepared for the post-grad world, and am honestly looking forward to it.
- Make every moment count: YES! I had such a great time this year (definitely better than freshman + sophomore year) and I think that’s because I’ve really taken the time to learn who I am as a person and stop being scared of showing that off! All of my new experiences this year have been such positive ones, and I’ve created many great memories that I will carry with me post-graduation and beyond. 🙂
Thanks so much for reading! What goals did you set for yourself this year? Share them in the comment section or with me on Twitter @CaseyDonart